A Thunder of Chaos

Once upon a time, the ground shook. What was once a peaceful, ordinary day became a thunder of chaos within a series of moments that arose out of nowhere. Families were thrown into a frenzy as their comfortable lifestyles were replaced with disruption and daily routines were broken. It was all over the news... it is still all over the news. This ground shaking thunder of chaos occurred because of a virus that is currently considered a pandemic sweeping across the world. The media has put so much fear in so many people by its daily broadcasting and all of the rumors coming from places unknown. Hoarding of food and toiletries cleared out so many stores that employees now have to work overtime. This pandemic has lead to many stores implementing a system for consumers to purchase necessities without wiping out inventory. In less than a month we have gone from laughing and enjoying life to social distancing, fear, and sadness.

Now, readers, I do not intend to write this to encourage those fears and sadness. I'm writing this because in these quiet moments, I feel an urge from the Holy Spirit to reach out to you. I want to remind you that with Christ, we have nothing to fear! With Christ as our Savior, we don't need to be sad. Jesus Christ is the source of all contentment. This world wide issue is not our battle. Our battle has already been won by God who sent His son to give His life for us! Instead of wallowing in discouragement, sing songs of praise and pray for those who don't serve our Heavenly Father. Use this time to reach out and be a neighbor while still social distancing of course! May this be time of revival where the lost sheep find themselves on their knees surrendering to our good Shepherd. Brothers and sisters in Christ, don't be afraid of this lull in our lives... use it to be still and listen.. to hear what our Father is asking of us now.

I've struggled with my purpose so much lately. Every time I turn around it seems as though the feeling of contentment is slipping through my fingertips. How can I be ok when all of this is happening around me? How can I be happy when I'm suppose to be inside my home away from people. My heart is meant to fellowship with others. Why does this season of life seem so lonely? God, I thought you called me here; then what do You want of me? God, are you here? All of these questions swarm through my head day in and day out. Reader, can you relate?

Here is my prayer:

Heavenly Father, You are Holy. You are just. You are good. Even when we can't feel Your presence You are still here. In the stillness, we quiet our hearts and cast our anxieties on You. God, remind us that we have nothing to fear. Remind us that You have a purpose for each of us. Please, reveal Your purpose for us here in these moments. Lord, remind us that Your timing is perfect and your ways are not our own. As we wait for this pandemic to end, use us to bring others to You. Let this time of uncertainty in our world cause Your children to draw near to You. You are our source of contentment. We thank You for every blessing You bring upon us. I pray that just as You ended the many plagues recorded in the Bible, that You bring an end to this virus. Lord we know You have all wisdom, knowledge, and power and therefore we put all of our trust, hope, and faith in You. In Your precious Son's name, Jesus Christ, amen.

Reader, as you wait for this trial to end, don't get discouraged. Sing songs of praise! Start your day with prayer and end your day with prayer. We live in a broken world; but we have a Savior who can mend our broken hearts and give us joy and peace beyond belief! I encourage you, any time you feel sad, to open the book of Psalm! It's full of praises!

Promises from God:

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear them from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Worship:

God Help Me

Forever

 Do Not Worry

 

Comments

Popular Posts