Love Without A Trial

Once upon a time, it was a cold and dreary winter's night. The air was crisp and the trees sat in silence. Lights flickered in the windows as cars drove past. It was that special time of year when families and friends drew near to celebrate the beloved Christmas festivities. In particular, I recall a certain hopefulness that enveloped my soul that dreary night... in the year 2012. I remember praying earlier in the day that God would at least show me the man I would someday marry. I was young and in college and it seemed everywhere I looked friends were falling in love and sharing the holiday season with so much happiness. I had grown tired of feeling so alone. Here I was at 21 years of age and never had a boyfriend and had never been on a date. I guess one could say I didn't have the best taste in guys.. considering I was quite the pursuer and none of them wanted a commitment. Sure, I had family... I had friends... but I felt like something was wrong with me. That Christmas I yearned so badly for one date.... to be asked on just one date. So many girls dream of sipping hot cocoa, sitting by a roaring fire, and exchanging gifts with that special someone. That night was the first in a while my heart was hopeful.

Little did I know at the time that the man I would meet later that day would be the man God chose for me to marry! Fast forward seven years... and here it is approaching Christmas time yet again. It truly is my favorite time of year. What a dream it is to sit on the couch watching Christmas movies, sipping hot cocoa, and warming by the fire after our sweet littles go to sleep. If my current self could go back to my past self, I think I would give her a big hug and tell her not to worry so much. God is big... much bigger than we can imagine. He is writing a beautiful story for your life...just be patient. Seven years of knowing my hubby, my best friend, has been the most magical "happily ever after" I could only have ever hoped for. So why am I writing about this now?

I want to encourage you, reader, this Christmas season. I want to fill your heart with hope. I want you to know that God has big plans for you... whether you can see it now or not. Your life has a purpose. I want you to know that if you're pursuing the God who created you.. who knows your heart and soul more than anyone ever will, that your life will be blessed with the best things He has to offer. You need only to surrender to Him. Where are you now? What are your desires? Do the desires you hold close to your heart match the desires He has for you? Lay them at His feet.

So many dear ones are trying to do this life on their own. They are searching for the perfect job, the perfect spouse, the perfect house.... but friends, nothing is perfect. No-one is perfect. Put your life in the hands of the One who knows the number of hairs on your head and watch your story unfold. I didn't need a trial run before I married the man of my dreams... I didn't need a trial run before we decided to have children.... I didn't need a trial run to decide if me being a stay at home mommy was fulfilling... I didn't need a trial run with each move my family has made. I am here to tell you the only reason I never needed those trial runs is because I trusted my life... my story.. to the hands of Author, the One who began my story, my "Once upon a time." That dreary winter's night seven years ago began such a beautiful chapter. There is not a single page I would erase. I'm living life with the love of my life thanks to our Heavenly Father, the creator of our lives and the love we share.

Who are you trusting your story with? Do you find yourself scrounging for the details of your story. Have you come to a writer's block where you aren't sure what comes next? Rest and stop trying to be the author. Let your Heavenly Father write something beautiful!


Scripture:

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."
John 4:16

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 3:13

"looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the thrown of God."
Hebrews 12:2

Comments

Popular Posts