Before Me

Once upon a time, there was a young woman who found herself wandering about a city full of new people, new places, and new adventures. As she strolled the path of a beautiful park the birds chirped their melodious songs as the aroma of newly blossomed roses penetrated the air. Kites were flown among the clouds and children's laughter filled the air. Precious young lovers floated by on pedal boats and a train full of boys and girls waved as they passed. The city was alive. The sun was shining and the warmth of new beginnings lingered. Little did the woman know about the days ahead; but she held her head high as she dove in praying that this was exactly where God wanted her.

A month later that young woman had settled in a new house in the city she had wandered only shortly before, with her husband, little boy, and the sweet baby growing in her belly. This move was a great leap of faith for this family as they said goodbye to everything and everyone they had come to know and love so well. The weeks ahead were spent unpacking, fixing up the house, and getting established in their new life. This was, as with any move... more easier said than done. Fast forward three months and all is fine and well; but what exactly happened in those three months required a lot of faith and trust in the Lord. 

With any move there is always a list of things to do. Let me tell you, this list is never easily accomplished! There is always so much researching when it comes to finding a new doctor, or dentist, or even a new church! The young woman had her hands full. The young woman was myself.

Here I was 6 months into my pregnancy and without an OBGYN, so finding one was first on my priority list! I had 2 weeks before I needed another check up, and by the time it all got sorted out I had gone 7 weeks without seeing an OBGYN! Apparently, after a woman passes the 28wk mark, most OBGYN practices refuse to take them on as a patient. After the first OBGYN I was scheduled to see fell through, I had no where to turn. Crying out to the Lord, I begged Him to show me where to go...what doctor He wanted me to see. Turns out we live in a small world! My husband's boss heard our story and happened to tell a friend of his who was head of an OB practice in the area. He felt so badly, he assigned me to an OB under him to take me on as her patient! Almost 7 weeks since my OBGYN visit, I found myself in one of the best practices in town! God used that to remind me of His faithfulness. He reminded me that things don't always happen in our timing; but rest assure that He is going before us and walking alongside us. I was thrilled to see that during those weeks without a checkup, He kept me and baby healthy.

The next thing on my list was to find a church! Before our move, I had a couple friends mention a church they absolutely loved, only it was too far from where we moved. After a little researching and a lot of prayer, God lead us to a church that happened to be affiliated with the church my friends had recommended! The first Sunday we went, a couple asked us to dinner. After living in the midwest for so long, we were so happy to be back among people who practice that good ol' southern hospitality. We made it to church a few more Sundays, but still were not fully plugged in when our baby boy decided to make his arrival! I can't even begin to tell y'all just how BIG our heavenly Father came through! Neither of our family had made it in town yet to help care for our toddler while I was in the hospital having our baby. I'm sure most would call us crazy, but we were desperate! The first night, our sweet neighbors (who happen to have two little girls super close in age to our babies) took care of him! The next night, a couple from the church we were attending took care of him! The last night, my sweet hubby's childhood friend and his wife came to take care of him! If anyone told me that people who were practically strangers would be taking care of my toddler while I had his baby brother, I would have thought surely that they were crazy! What mother leaves her first born son with people she hardly knows? I'm happy to say as this big event occurred that God gave me such peace in knowing that our sweet boy was safe and with wonderful, loving people. Not even knowing everyone among the young families at church, they still came together and provided us meals up to a month after our baby's arrival! We truly experienced God in ways we did not expect during that time. Again, it's as if God was reiterating, "I go before you, and I am there with you. Do not be afraid." Since then, we have gotten to know these families more and more. They are quickly becoming like family just as the body of Christ should be. God has remained faithful in this new chapter and I know without a doubt in my heart that He will be faithful for all of eternity. It is my prayer that my family continues to be faithful to Him in return.

As we continue in this chapter, we see Him at work in so many ways. He has provided for us financially, spiritually, and emotionally. I could let my southern routes shine and write this blog post much lengthier than I'm sure any of my readers would be interested in. I just want to say, that when you let the Lord take control of your life, it's absolutely amazing to see what He can do! Sometimes it takes us getting uncomfortable to see Him best! I am so joyful that we, as a family, answered His calling to embark on this new adventure. We are growing in more ways than we thought possible. Just last Sunday, my sweet man told me that He was done questioning the Lord in whether or not this was the right move for us. He was sitting in church when he heard the Holy Spirit say, "This is where I want you." Hallelujah! Amen.

Reader, I pray that you are called to get uncomfortable. I pray that you experience the greatness of our Lord. He is forever faithful and trusting. May you find yourself this week rejoicing in His presence. I pray that any time you take that leap of faith you are reminded that the Lord has gone before you and is there with you. He will not leave you!


Scripture:

"It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8

"fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10

"casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Song:
Praise You In The Storm

Whom Shall I Fear


Comments

Popular Posts