Refusing to be Rescued

Once upon a time, I heard Him.
     I heard His voice. I can't describe it to you. It's truly one that you would have to experience for yourself. All I have to say about that is, you WILL know. You will know it is Him. Once you have heard Him, you will recognize His voice forever. I know when He is talking to me because I have an overwhelming peace that comforts my soul deep from within. Who is He? He is....

He is our Creator, our Father, our Lover, our Provider, our Comforter, our Healer, our Friend, our Brother, our Protector, our glorious, grace giving, mercy pouring, love enduring, faultless, powerful, all sufficient Author of you and me, time and space, the world, and everything in it. 

     As I sipped my coffee today and thought about life, I found myself speaking aloud in my car asking God, why...
Why have I had such an obsession with people? Social media has taken over countless hours of my life the past several weeks and it only angers and saddens me. Why Lord, do I bother opening my Instagram app and Facebook when it seems to do little good for my wellbeing? As I struck open this conversation which I assumed would be between me, myself, and I... He entered my heart like a bullet train answering my questions out of no where. Readers, I care. I open those apps daily because I care. I care about you.

     Have you ever witnessed a classmate working out a mathematical equation, and halfway through the problem he/she gets stuck. They sit there staring blankly wondering if they are on the right track, if they made a mistake, if they should start over, and there you are looking over their shoulder thinking, "Man, if I could just give you the missing piece. If I could show you how.... if I could only get in your brain for a moment just to simplify that equation for you, I know you would have it down." Imagine, that same classmate refused help a week ago... and the test is today. How would you feel knowing your help wasn't wanted?

     He, our heavenly Father sent us help. He sent us a rescuer. As a believer, the hardest thing for me to learn over my short quarter of a century is that not every one wants rescued. I have lost countless friends and family because they did not want to be rescued. I am not by any means saying I am a super hero here on this earth to save lives... I not once have believed myself to be. However, I know a life saver. I know Him and He is good, and He is faithful, and forgiving, and wants us so badly He sent His perfect son to die for our sins. All we have to do is surrender to Him.

     Losing friends and family has been a real struggle for me over the years. I don't do well when people walk out of my life. Some may not have any issue with moving on... but no matter how good or bad that relationship was, it still hurts. However, it makes me cling to Him so much more... it gives me a taste of what my Father feels when His children walk away from Him. It is my prayer for all of you who read this blog, that you stop running. Stop running from the truth. The further you get, the harder you may fall. Turn your eyes to Him... for He cares for you... and coming from someone who cares a whole lot, I can't even come close to caring for you as much as He does.

     Reader, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you know His voice. I hope you know you are loved. There is nothing so bad you or I can do that He won't accept us as His child if only we ask His forgiveness and surrender to Him. Many of us are surrendering to the world... surrendering to who or what the world says we should be... but who in the world will save you when your time is up?


Truth in Scripture:

"If any household or town refuses to welcome you or listen to your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave." -Matthew 10:14

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him. The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His light brought life to everyone. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it." -John 1:3-5

Comments

Popular Posts