Good Things Come To Those Who Wait...

Once upon a time, I was five years old, carrying around baby-dolls and wanting nothing more than to be a mommy when I grew up. My goal was to be married with kids by the time I'm 25. Of course remember... those are the Elementary years: girls have cooties, recess involved long games of "Kissy Face," (where the boys ran as fast as they could away from all the girls who tried to catch and kiss them), and if no one wanted to participate in the game... the girls would spend that time playing "House." I was never concerned with who I was going to marry... I figured I had plenty to choose from; the boys were so shy, you couldn't tell if one liked you or not... so you decided for them.

Example: I think Jeremy is cute! I'm going to catch him at recess but not give him a kiss. He will like me for not kissing him. I will give my friend a note to give to him that says I like him... and he will give me his candy (we got candy if we were good for our teacher at the end of the day)... and I will marry him when we grow up.


Do you ever wish it was that simple? Just go out and play a game of "Kissy Face" to pick your future husband... and he will magically be your knight in shining armor. What a dream huh? If there's anything I've learned... my life and the events that occur throughout my life are all in God's timing... NOT MY OWN! In middle school, I assumed I'd have my first real boyfriend... that sure didn't happen. I also assumed I'd have a date for my first dance in 8th grade... that didn't happen either... but I did get to go with my very BEST FRIEND!! And I danced with a guy I had no idea would be my date for Senior prom. See, there again.. I assumed I'd have the greatest boyfriend in the history of boyfriends in high school who would take me to my Senior Prom. But God had a different plan... and I'm much happier that I followed His path for me instead of my own. I couldn't have asked for a better date; he was one of my special needs kids! I've yet to meet any guy that could compare!

Now I am in college. I am a single, independent, and very passionate young girl who has spent most of my life learning how in love God is with me! Can you believe it? God who created us, created this earth, sent His son to die for our sin... is IN LOVE with me! And you know that feeling you get when you find out a guy really doesn't love you... that pain that seems as though it has ripped your heart into a million pieces? Well imagine all of those people that have rejected God... who have rejected His son. Imagine the heart ache He feels when that person dies... when there is no more hope. I have spent so much time looking for that "perfect guy," and yet all I have found is disappointment. I long for someone to care about me, care for me, and love me for who I am. And yet, I have something way better than what I find myself looking for! I have God! He loves me, He listens to me, He doesn't leave me questioning whether or not He wants a relationship, and He is there to support me ALL the TIME! So if anyone should ask me, "Sara, are you in love? Have you found someone? Are you in a relationship," I can answer, "Yes! I am in love with God! I am in a relationship with Him! I am His bride!"

I do know that God has my future husband out there somewhere. And I know that He is just as in love with God as I am. I know that God has promised me an eternity with Him. And I know His plan for my life is much better than that of my own. So for any young men that read this... where is your heart? Are you focused on God... or your own desires? Do you want a wife someday who is in love with God?
And young ladies... is God your knight in shining armor? Do you see yourself in that beautiful white wedding gown God has made just for you? Have you said, "I do?"

God
is my saving grace! He is my warrior! He has fought the battle for me and won! He is my groom! And I will love Him ALWAYS! And I will continue thanking and praising him for the man He has promised me in years to come.


The Bible says:

However, as it is written:"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us."
1 Corinthians 2:9-12

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13

Comments

Popular Posts