There Was a Flamingo in my Bathtub!

Once upon a time, a pig flew into my window. At that same moment, a dinosaur walked through my house! On my front porch steps stood an army of giant man eating ants! There was a moose in my kitchen! There was a flamingo in my bathtub! In my closet, stood a 6ft green eyed monster! My fish, Carl, turned into a great white shark and my roommates turned into aliens! Great start to a story, right? Well, it gets better! My mother turned into a sloth, my brother a penguin, and my dad a gorilla! Now what does that make me you ask....

I'm a 6 year old child stuck in a 21 year old body! I eat dinosaur chicken nuggets with bbq sauce, celery sticks with peanut butter, and jello cups! If I could have an endless supply of juice boxes, I would be the happiest college kid ever! I like to color with markers but they make a mess.... so I stick with crayons. I love to swing... it's probably one of my favorite things to do. You can pretend you are on a plane flying far away from this crazy messed up world!  I gave up trying to fit in when I realized we were born to stand out. I could quote Charles Schulz and Dr. Seuss all day long. There are some days when nothing seems to go right besides an episode of The Berenstain Bears where morals exist and there is always a silver lining. 

What happened to that imagination we had as children? I remember looking up at the sky and thinking heaven was made up of a bunch of puffy clouds where angels played without ceasing. I had an imaginary friend who liked to do everything I did... and I wasn't thought strange because all my friends had imaginary friends too! 

Everything is so boring now. I'm in that point of my life where I'm not satisfied where I am but I don't know where I would be happy. I'm in this period of waiting. In one of my recent posts, I wrote how I was standing at a crossroad and had to choose which way to go. Well, what happens when you choose a path and it isn't going how you planned causing you to doubt your leap of faith? I know I'm headed in the direction the Lord wants me to go in because I have sought Him and prayed His desires become mine. However, like He's reminded me over the years.... He never said following Him would be easy. My chapter will soon close here in the south and I will begin a new one. I am excited to see where the next chapter takes me. Like in any book, you will always have your favorite chapters you could read over and over again. My childhood happened to be one of them! 

In all this rambling I leave you with this: 
1) Hold on to your favorite chapters and remember them when life is in a standstill. 
2) Your imagination keeps you young! 

P.S.  For those of you who have seen me "talking to my imaginary friend" .... I'm not crazy ;) I gave up my imaginary friend a long time ago and gained a real one who likes to do everything I do... my Savior! ...you just can't see Him! 

Scripture:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Jesus said, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."  Romans 1:17

For with God nothing will be impossible.  Luke 1:37

Comments

Popular Posts