A Leap of Faith

Once upon a time, I came to a crossroad. Normally, I love starting out these posts painting lovely pictures in the mind of my reader. At the moment, all I can paint for you is the following:
It's dark and gloomy. The sound of silence lingers through the air as the clouds grow angry. Up ahead lies 2 paths. Should I choose the easier path? This decision will affect the rest of my life. Am I alone? Must I make this decision on my own? As drops of rain slowly fall from the sky, I close my eyes and.....
Cliche, crossroads... I know. Robert Frost wrote in "The Road Not Taken," 
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both..."
So which one do you choose? How many of you are standing at that crossroad wondering what God's plans are for your life? One wrong move and it could affect you drastically. I try earnestly to follow His plan for my life... but I have been dealt a wild card. This time last year, I was so sure of my direction in life and where He was leading me. However, I find myself back in the spot I was in summer of my freshman year of college. For those of you who do not know, I attended Georgia State University my freshman year believing whole heartedly that the Lord called me there. I still to this day do not doubt that in the least. Yet my time was shortly up there and He lead me to another university. I have spent 2 amazing years growing in my relationship with Him continually picking up my cross and trying to live out His plan for my life... but every time I settle into a routine, He calls me somewhere else. 

Friends, I am about to make a leap of faith. I can feel it in my bones. It's the same feeling I had when it was time to leave home for college... the same feeling I had when it was time to transfer schools... and now it's reoccurred. How many of you hate change? If you're anything like me, I am a basket case! I don't do well; but as of January the Lord has taught me a great deal in a short amount of time. I continually look for consistency in a world that is ever changing. This past month of school has been nothing but stressful because of my lack of routine and all the chaos... and this is what the Lord has taught me, 
He alone is consistent. He alone is routine. He alone is all I need. 
This world is not our home. We can't settle in and get comfortable. We are here on a mission. I am sharing this with my readers... so other than my momma, dad, brother, and gram... you are the first to know. As Robert Frost ended "The Road Not Taken,"
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." 
It would be easy to stay in Georgia and continue my education. Though it was last night I came to an astonishing realization. I don't love speech and language pathology. My heart is in occupational therapy. There are many reasons the Lord lead me to Carrollton I feel that I can name off the top of my head. However, I think my time is up here. I believe He is calling me to pick up my cross and follow Him to Ohio to finish school with a degree in occupational therapy. Readers, I ask for your prayers. This is a big step for me to take and I am continually praying the Lord takes my hand and leads me down the right path. 

Have you found yourself at a crossroad? Which road will you take?  I dare you to close your eyes and... take a leap. As long as you are seeking the Lord, I'm sure you will end up precisely where He has planned. 

Promises in Scripture:

"For I the Lord do not change...." Malachi 3:6

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

"For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5


Comments

Popular Posts