It's Unbelievable!

Once upon a time, I took a step back from life. My heart was being pulled in so many different directions I was unsure of which way was up, down, left, or right; yet everything was okay. The clock still ticked, the sun still rose, and the moon still hung in the night sky. Though time passed, in my head, everything stood still. The feelings that came over me were indescribable. I had finally reached the point in my relationship with Christ where I realized He is all I need. My soul felt consumed like a fire. God, the creator of all living and nonliving things breathed life into me. Over the years, I've seen Him play so many different roles in my life. At this very moment, I see Him as my groom. He has promised me eternity with Him. He claimed me as His own when I was only 5 years old. Since then, I had seen Him mostly as my heavenly Father. Now, I see Him as my Knight in Shining Armor!

It's unbelievable! At the start of my Sophomore year of college, I felt God working in me in ways I hadn't before. I felt the Creator at work. With part of my heart longing for Romania to be with the sweet babies in the village, another part longing to be with my family, another to be working with special needs children, and another longing for my future husband, my head went spinning. Having no idea what was in store for my life, I gave everything to God. God, knowing the desires of my heart put my mind at ease. Though I long to meet my husband, I have my eternal groom by my side forever. Though I'm not in Romania, my knight in shining armor is caring for them always. When I can't be with my family, He gives me the love, warmth, and strength to get me through. In times I cannot spend with special needs children, He reminds me of His plans. Though I cannot spend much time with them now, He is equipping me for helping them in the future.

As I lay thinking about my groom, my knight in shining armor, I am reminded of His perfection. I am reminded of His promises He has made me and will not break. When I said "I do" to Christ, I said it for all of eternity. I am His bride... and my relationship with Him is timeless. Though the clock still ticks, my life has no end. My relationship with my heavenly Father will never die. I am at peace and content with it being just Him and I. He is all I need through Christ who strengthens me.




Have you discovered Christ to be your knight in shining armor? I pray you find a relationship with Him that lasts forever.

Scripture:

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." John 14:23

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galations 2:20

Comments

Popular Posts