Beloved

 Once upon a time, it was a bitter cold day that seemed to whisper winter was surely on its way. There was the dim glow of lights strung about the Christmas tree and the soft lulling sound of a sax playing "Let it Snow." A faint aroma brushed the air smelling of hot cocoa. In the quiet moments of that day, an overwhelming peace filled the room where I laid cozied up in a blanket. Gazing out the window, all seemed calm. The branches intertwined as if they were holding each other close to keep from getting chilled as the sky grew dim and grey. The birds already flew south and the squirrels had finished stockpiling their acorns in preparation for the freezing months ahead.

Have you ever thought about something as simple as a bird flying south, or a squirrel stashing acorns? How do they know when to prepare for winter? I find it absolutely amazing to think that God, the creator of heaven and earth, designed such complex creatures. He designed them to know how to survive. If He cares so greatly for such small animals, imagine how much He cares for us! He made us each unique in our own ways. He knows our deepest thoughts, our desires, our fears, our troubles, our happiest moments, and our saddest, darkest days. He knit us together in our mother's womb, which is a miracle in itself! Sometimes, I find myself looking into the eyes of my sweet baby boy thinking, "Oh my goodness how on earth are you already so big? You started out as a tiny sesame seed in my belly and now you are two years old!" As a mother, I feel like the Lord puts me in awe of Him more often now than ever before. With each new day, my little guy learns something new, and I can only give credit to his Creator. Since he was about 20 months old, he began saying prayers with his daddy. Listening in on these prayers has melted my heart. Each night he tells his daddy and Heavenly Father who he is thankful for in his sweet little life. I just think if I can find so much joy in listening to these prayers, imagine the joy it brings to our Father! I'm sure He is more than thrilled when His children talk to Him. He made us. He grows us. He does the most amazing things through us. Even through our sweet little boy, God is at work. We see Him in how our little one treats others. If a friend is sad, he goes up and gives a hug. My husband and I don't have to say a word, our little guy just does these kind gestures on his own. I know without a doubt that in these moments I'm seeing our heavenly Father teaching and growing our son into the man He wants him to be someday. Just as God helps the birds and squirrels prepare for winter, He helps prepare us. He helps prepare us for who we are to be someday... for rough roads ahead, for exciting moments of pure joy.... He is always there to help. We just have to choose whether we want Him or not.

Reader, as Christmas draws near I pray that you grow near to the Lord. I pray He draws you in close and that you truly for maybe the first time in your life feel more loved and cherished than ever before. Beloved, you mean more to Him than anything of this world. Please know that I pray for you.... my family prays for you. I absolutely promise you that if you begin talking with the Lord as if He is your friend... you will find no better friend, no better comforter, no better Father, no better lover than Him. If He was willing to send His one and only son to die on the cross for you and me... imagine how great His love is for you. When I think about the ones I love most, it hurts to think of anything ever happening to them. Yet God knew He would have to give His son up for us. He knew before time began... but the most amazing part is that Jesus patiently awaits alongside our Heavenly Father for the day we come home to spend eternity with them. God knew that giving up His son would bring all of us (who have surrendered and asked Jesus to be Lord of our life) together in the end. Please surrender. I want so badly to see your face in heaven with me one day. As a child of God we don't have to worry about life after death because we will be with the one who gave us life. On those dark, cold winter days, remember our Savior who brings warmth and peace. Go to Him, that He may bring rest for your weary soul.

Be blessed.

Scripture:

"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Song:

How Many Kings

 


















 

Comments

Popular Posts