Tiny Hands & Tiny Feet

Once upon a time, a young, newly married coupled discovered some very exciting news! It was Good Friday before Easter when the young wife snuck off and took a pregnancy test that happened to read POSITIVE! She was overjoyed but decided to keep it a surprise for her husband to reveal on Easter.
On Easter morning she gave her husband an Easter egg with a note inside the read, "Happy Easter Daddy to be!" Her husband was overjoyed with excitement. What a memorable day it would be in their lives? It was a day not only celebrated for Christ who had risen and saved His children thousands of years ago, but a day that they were able to celebrate the gift of a child being knit together by the hands of their Creator.

My husband and I are simply overjoyed to begin this new chapter in our life together! It is amazing to think about this tiny miracle the Lord is creating inside of me. Our life has been a rollercoaster these past 3 years! My husband and I began as friends, and then dated for 6 months (part of that time was long distance), we were then engaged, and married 6 months later. Now we have a little blessing joining this family of ours and all we can say is. "Thank you, Lord!"
We have had ups and downs, but this rollercoaster ride has been a blast so far! If anything I have learned over the years, it is that this world is not meant for us to get comfortable in. It isn't our eternal home! We are on a journey with the Lord as our guide. As soon as my husband and I start to get comfortable, the Lord takes us on a new route!

This route towards parenthood is both exciting and scary. We are responsible for a tiny human! What faith the Lord must have in us to trust us with His precious children? As a little girl I always prayed for a healthy baby and a safe delivery. As I grew older and began to notice the sin and brokenness in our world, I began to pray that my children would have enough faith in our heavenly Father to be able to stand for Him in all circumstances. Now that I am carrying this sweet bundle of joy, it is my prayer not just for my own but for mommies around the world, that our babies are born with wisdom and discernment. I pray that they believe in the one true way to heaven, through our Savior Jesus Christ. It is my prayer that the Lord places a hedge of protection over them as they walk into nations around the world proclaiming God as our Father. As I picture their tiny hands and feet, I pray that our heavenly Father uses these children as His hands and feet.

So often today, I hear people say that we can all go to heaven as long as we are a good person. Those calling themselves Christians are saying that as long as people of all religions around the world are worshiping one god, that we will all inherit the Kingdom of God. It breaks my heart. It is scripture that reads:
Jesus said to Him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6
Wake up Christians! What are you teaching your children? Do you care about their salvation? Their is only one way to spend eternity with our beautiful, gracious, merciful Father.

As my husband and I prepare ourselves for this new chapter in life, we look to Abba, our heavenly Father who loves us so deeply that He sent His only son to die on the cross and save us from sin. This child being knit together inside of me is already His and I pray with His guidance, I am able to point this child back to Him in every aspect of his/her life just as my parents did for me. These tiny hands and feet have a purpose in this world and we cannot wait to see the blessings our Lord has in store for this child.


Scripture reads:

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16


Comments

Popular Posts