New York Times Best Selling Author

Once upon a time, I came across a chapter in my life that I couldn't bring myself to close. What would happen if I actually let go and turned the page? Why hadn't God let me read ahead so I would be more thankful and appreciative of that particular chapter at the time I was living it? The more I live life, the more I see things laid out like a great novel written by a New York Times best selling author. There are certain parts of a book we want to fly through just so we can see the outcome... those moments that seem like the climax is so far away... and like any good writer, He writes it so the climax is a great turning point in the book. The author builds up to the climax in a way that keeps the reader on his/her toes so much that once it is reached it's like a great burden is lifted.... like taking a breathe of fresh air on an early morning in winter when the air is crisp.

I've been on a ride to one of the many great climaxes in my life; but it's up to the Author to determine how and when I will get there. Some days I wish He would just hurry up by writing me out a shortcut or simply skipping ahead... then I remember how greatly that would affect His plan for me and how much it may ruin His novel by doing so. I get so caught up in this world where everyone expects their wants now and yet think they will simply pay for them later. Paying now just doesn't seem so pleasant. However, as a child of Christ we must pay now!

There's a song Mercy Me sings called Jesus Bring the Rain, and it has played repeatedly through my head here lately.....

 

In any good novel, there's a series of trials the main character must overcome. In my life, each one has made my relationship with my Author... my heavenly Father grow tremendously. It's learning to let go of the good chapters and be thankful for the difficult ones we live through. If our life didn't have trials, we wouldn't have a need for God....

There have been many days I just go to my room and cry as I wait for this chapter to end... this climax to be reached...Some days I simply want to shut the world out and sleep away my frustrations.... but I do not believe that there is a chapter in my life that should be erased or skipped over. Each and every climax is worth the wait... the novelist writing my story has bigger plans for my life than even I can imagine. So hold on friends... during the times when you feel like your grip is slipping and your story is spiraling down the tubes, look to the Author. He won't let you go.
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41: 10 

Peace in Scripture:

"Cast you burden on the Lord; and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved. "
Psalm 55:22

"The Lord Himself goes before you, and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him..."
Lamentations 3:25





Comments

Popular Posts