Open the Eyes of my Heart



Once upon a time, life became like a fog. It lingered over the land... as dew rested upon each blade of grass... and the soft melodies of chirping birds awakened as the sun arose slowly over the rolling hills. Though time passed, everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. One minute on the clock felt like an hour. As the days dragged on, they blurred together. A world focused primarily on money, politics, and the pursuit of happiness by secular standards left society jaded. So many wonder around blindly seeking worldly things to satisfy them but none would.

What is the purpose of life? Why are we here? There is always the Sunday school answer, "We are here on this earth because God made us. Our purpose is to serve Him." There are so many questions and yet so many answers that aren't good enough. Why is it that we in flesh have so little faith, lack of faith that we can do big things? We walk around with the eyes of our hearts closed. I find myself living out my every day routine and forgetting the world, though life is happening all around me. I fear reaching out of my comfort zone at times to help those in need. Is it that we fear rejection of others if we commit to being God's hands and feet? We get so caught up in our day to day lives that the things we do become meaningless. The things I do become meaningless.

Is life truly worth living if you are living for yourself?

God has given us gifts; gifts to share with the world. Do you find yourself living in a fog? Is life moving around you but time passing so slowly you can hardly stand it? Reach out. Open the eyes of your heart. 

It is my prayer that I begin to crave time with our Lord. I pray that He calls me out of my comfort zone... out of the fog. God has blessed me greatly and it is time that I stop worrying about pleasing the world and start focusing on pleasing Him. If you don't believe God has blessed you with a gift, I hope you take time to listen to the little boy in the video posted above. God can use anyone. My heart leaped for joy as I listened to this sweet child of God sing praise to our heavenly Father. God has given him a voice... a gift... and he has put it to great use. What is holding you back? Whatever it may be, I pray that the fog is lifted, and that the eyes of your heart are opened to the world around you.

Peace be with you through scripture:

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 
Colossians 3:2-3

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  
Matthew 5:16 

This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. 
John 15:8

Comments

Popular Posts