The Power of Prayer





Once upon a time, a young girl awoke in the middle of the night feeling an urge to pray. Tears began streaming down her face and she knew in her heart that this prayer held significance. As she quietly listened to the voice inside... He told her to pray for a young man... one to whom she would marry someday. It was not uncommon that she would pray for her future husband; but this night... she felt it was to keep him from harm. Wrapped up in her blankets sitting up in her bed rested among the pillows she prayed like never before until she fell back asleep. Would she ever know the reason for her prayer? Was it all a dream? Did God really need her to pray?


How many times have you stopped and prayed because a voice from deep down inside of you asked you to? Friends, I have heard this voice upon several occasions and it never ceases to amaze me the good that comes from listening to and obeying it. Who is this voice I refer to? Many say it's our conscience... as seen in cartoons represented by the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. Praise the Lord for giving us that voice.. otherwise known as the Holy Spirit! I don't know where I would be without it! He is my messenger. Sometimes I just have to close my eyes... shut my mouth... and listen. I may never know the reasons as to why I pray for certain people at random... or why I am to write about what I do in the blog posts... all I know is that I should listen to the voice.... because every time I do I receive an indescribable peace that comforts me in knowing I am doing what is right.


I could write on the power of prayer... I could tell you all about different scenarios in my life where prayer not only saved me, but brought me closer to God...however, I can't make you understand. I can't make you feel the peace that I feel when I listen and follow the directions I'm given. The power of prayer is something you have to understand on your own. Though I must warn that though circumstances may not turn out as we pray they will... it is not that the Lord has not answered...
We must remember as children of God that His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts... therefore, He will respond in what He feels is best... according to His will. This is why He asks us to pray within His will... that His will be done.

As I have said many times... I don't have the greatest prayer life... but for some reason the Lord still hears me when I call... He answers in His perfect timing...

I have put my faith in the Lord! He will never fail me, no matter how many times I fail Him. He will never stop listening... no matter how many times I stop listening to Him.

I ask you to join with me in praying for our nation... a nation where more people have stopped listening to the Lord... a nation where our leader has chosen his ways over our Lord's. I know the world is not suppose to get better according to Revelation... but that does not mean we should stop praying for the lost... or praying for our brothers and sisters. In fact, I believe it means just the opposite.... that we should start praying more. We are getting closer to the end... to Christ's return!

 Happy 4th of July and may the Lord be with You!

The Word

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

"But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in the most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."

Jude 1:20-21

"We walk by faith, not by sight."

2 Corinthians 5:7








Comments

Popular Posts