Ruler of a Great and Powerful Kingdom

Once upon a time, there lived a young girl whose Father ruled over a great and powerful kingdom. He knew each of His citizens by name. Not only did He know them by name... but He knew everything about them. He knew the number of hairs on each person's head! He knew every thought each one ever had. He knew the day each baby would be born into the world and the day each person would pass on. He knew which ones would remain loyal to Him and which ones would reject Him and turn their back on Him. Her Father was and is all knowing! He was and is all powerful! Forever will His name be worshiped and praised among His people.

Knowing this, the daughter felt very small in her Father's kingdom. If He knew every detail about each and every person... and He cared for each of them before they were born, how could He have enough time for her? He had to be there for all of His followers.... He had to show grace and mercy for each of them.... He had to have patience for when they disobeyed or strayed off His path... He had to have compassion. All of these He practiced among His people. Those who chose to follow Him would be recorded in His special book, The Book of Life. His daughter would watch Him record names in the Book of Life... and as she watched, she thought to herself, "My name is in the book... my Father knows me... but He knows more about me than I do Him." Silently she began to weep. How could she let so many years pass and not spend more time getting to know her Father? How could she worry about Him not having enough time for her when she hasn't had much time for Him? Her father appeared next to her no sooner than the thought had crossed her mind. Turning to her father she threw her arms around his neck. Knowing everything about His daughter, He knew how she felt. He sat her down and wiped the tears from her eyes and handed her a book. He said to her, "Read this my child and You will know me; for everything that is written in this book is inspired by me." (Read 2 Timothy 3:16)

How many times do we find ourselves wondering who God is? He knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our every thought, our every tear, and our every laugh. Friends, my prayer is that we thirst the Word of the Lord as if we have been left in a desert dehydrated for days... that we hunger for a deeper relationship with our heavenly Father as if we have starved for weeks.

Yesterday, a tornado went through Oklahoma killing many innocent children... tearing apart families... and wiping away dozens of homes full of memories. So often I find myself taking my time here on earth with God for granted. In a moment He could take me home... how much time could I say I spent with Him on earth? He is willing to spend an eternity with me... know me inside out... as well as the rest of His children (which is an unfathomable amount by the way)... and I find it hard to give Him even 20 minutes of my day sometimes. He loved me before He made me... and yet I had to learn to love. I wasn't born loving God... yearning to know Him. Friends, don't take life for granted. Read His book... learn about Him... and give thanks! Sometimes it takes a storm to wake us up!

"Sometimes God calms the storm, but sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms His child." -Leslie Gould

Prayer:
Lord, let us crave You. Let us not take our time here on earth for granted. Bless the families in Oklahoma and comfort them bringing them peace that You alone can give.           
Amen

Be Blessed Through Scripture

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..." 2 Timothy 3:16

"He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea hushed." Psalm 107:29

"Not as man received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." John 1:12

And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14


 



     

Comments

Popular Posts