Driven to Give Thanks





Once upon a time friends, I was driving home. As I turned onto the road leading to my street, I felt in my heart  that everything was going to be okay. I've been in my car a lot these past few days... it's the only place I seem to have the best conversations with God. These past few trips I've made, I felt the urge to spend time thanking God. How often I find myself asking Him to do things for me... and not thanking Him for all He has done. In approximately six days I will be leaving the beautiful town of Carrollton. I have made so many memories here and friendships that I dread leaving. This place has become more home to me than where I grew up. The good Lord has used these past two years to change me in ways I never thought I would.

I had given up on family besides my parents and my brother... and it was here in Carrollton that God gave me friends I hold so dear to my heart I may as well call them family. I went from feeling alone... to feeling loved by many. I've never felt so welcomed and accepted in my life. God blessed me with an amazing church and small group. I went from dragging my feet just getting up in the morning to make myself go to church as a kid... to looking forward to Sundays thankful I had such an encouraging body of brothers and sisters in Christ coming together to praise the Lord! I've had many friendships last for a short season of my life within these past two years here; but with each that has come and gone, those friendships helped mold me into the person God is creating me to be. Never in a million years would I have thought I would attend school here in Carrollton... but there is not a day that goes by that I regret the decision I made.

This is one chapter friends that will be difficult to close. Earlier today, I was conversing with my Life group leader and his wife. He told me what a blessing I'd been to the group and how much I had meant to them. His wife said she felt I wouldn't lose them... but they sure feel that they are losing me... She asked if it was too late to change my mind and stay... as I stood there feeling that lovely frog in my throat... I told her, "I can't when I know the Lord is telling me to go... when He is kicking my butt out the door." I know without a doubt the Lord is leading me onto the next chapter in my life...

I don't know why I doubt His faithfulness in coming through for me and continuing to make my life even better than now... which is hard to imagine. Gram told me in church today what her daddy use to remind her, "If the good Lord takes care of all the birds in the sky, what makes you think He won't take care of you?" She's right friends. I have proof. All I have to do is take a step back and look at how far I've come. This time last year I could have promised you I would stay in the south... but when you seek God's plans for your life... you never know where you will end up!

I know my posts have been somewhat similar over the years... the same ideas... same thoughts... but I'm still a kid... and we repeat ourselves a lot... such as the over-usage of the words "like" and "um" ....then again, mothers repeat themselves a lot... so I guess the act of repeating is expected...

Thanks for reading...

Be blessed through Scripture:

"We walk by faith, not by sight." 
2 Corinthians 5:7

"Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him, God is a refuge for us."
Psalm 62:8

"The world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of god abides forever." 
1 John 2:17

"This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." 
Psalm 118:24 


Comments

Popular Posts