He Has Made Everything Beautiful


     Once upon a time, a little boy crawled up to me and threw his arms up in the air. I leaned over and picked him up. Burying his face into my neck and embracing me so tightly, I couldn't imagine anything better in that moment. This little boy has my heart. He is a nonverbal special needs child. Over the years, the Lord has truly blessed me with this passion for special needs children. He continually places people along my path who have helped me gain opportunities to work with and spend time with these kids. Whenever I am stressed or worn down, these children bring a smile to my face. At times, I find myself looking into this little boy's eyes thinking how mind boggling it is that some people are not accepting of him or children like him. When I look at him, I see perfection. I forget about his disabilities. His love is unconditional and reminds me of God's love for us. God can easily look at us and see our imperfections; but He loves us through them. This little boy is made in the image of God. Our heavenly Father makes his creations perfect. No, we are not perfect. We are living in the flesh; but we are made perfectly. I have spent time caring for this child and I cannot be more grateful for the opportunity.

     So, here I am... sitting in Starbucks... and this song came to mind. We are nothing without the Lord. Our life is meaningless without Christ. How amazing is our heavenly Father that He has given us life? As this little boy embraced me, I thought about how it would feel to be in the presence of God wrapped in His embrace. The love I have for these special needs children is so great; but so small in comparison for the love the Lord has for us. He calls us to love one another despite our faults. He calls us to reflect on everything that is beautiful.  In Him we are a new creation. In Him all creation is beautiful.

My Prayer: 
Lord, I pray You continue to mold me. I pray You use me. I ask that You encourage me to spread Your love like peanut butter. 
Amen.  

Scripture:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34

"So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Comments

Popular Posts