Do Not Fear!

Once upon a time, I was 17 years old sitting in a doctors office wishing I was anywhere but there. It was spring of my junior year and my life was going great up until then. One minute I was ok and the next I was fearing for my life. It was in that moment I had to let go. I had to put all my faith, hope, and trust in the Lord. Long story short, I ended up just fine (obviously, or I wouldn't be writing this blog right now)!  Thankfully my doctor's visit went well.... no cancer. Looking back remembering the heart ache and hopelessness I felt those few weeks, I am reminded of how blessed I am to be where I am today.

I have a dear friend who has battled POTS amongst other illnesses for the past 2 years. Her sophomore year of high school, she sat in class feeling perfectly fine one minute and then miserable the next. Little did she know the hard road she had ahead. Her life is a living testimony and she happens to be the most inspirational young girl I believe I have ever met. Through her sickness she has sought the Lord and continued to work as Christ's hands and feet! I couldn't imagine feeling as weak as she has and still making myself get up and bring joy being a light to others. Though she faces many obstacles, she overcomes them daily. I truly believe the Lord has great plans for her! My life alone wouldn't be the same without having met her beautiful family.

Be thankful for those times you feel out of control. Those are the times I feel my relationship with my heavenly Father grow tremendously! It is then when the Lord comes along, picks us up, and reminds us our reason for living. In this life, all we know is a beginning and an end. Praise the Lord for the eternity we have to look forward to spending with Him.

Sitting there in that doctor's office, I felt absolutely helpless and alone. Yet the Lord was right there beside me just as He is with my sweet friend.... just as He is with you. In those moments when you are scared.. He is there. Be thankful for every blessing the Lord has given you. Cherish each day. Live like tomorrow is your last.


Scripture: 

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4


"Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10


"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because He trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3


"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a great work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." 
Philippians 1:6






Comments

Popular Posts