Do you have Fertilizer?

Once upon a time, the Lord spoke words that calmed the fear overtaking my thoughts. As I laid in bed contemplating the events of the past few weeks, I could not help but feel an overwhelming burden for our nation. I began to fear for my life, and the generations of people to come. God makes it very clear through His word that He is in control and the battle is already won. However, my thoughts enveloped me. I kept picturing the end coming and people crying out in terror. Why do I ever let myself think thoughts of destruction that lead to worry? The bible says we are not to worry! (Matthew 6:25-27, 34, Luke 12:25, Philippians 4:6-7) Well friends, it was as I laid there that the Lord reminded me just how important I am to Him. Funny, no one would ever guess just how He spoke to me. I can honestly say He caught me by surprise. My cousin posted a silly youtube video and after that video, there was a link leading to more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=argbjMdueug

Yes! This youtube video is called "Doggie Poo!"

Laugh and roll your eyes! I know it seems really dumb and slightly immature; but there was a message I got out of it. So, here goes:

Sometimes, we feel like doggie poo. We feel like we have no purpose in life. All we see is the end. Thankfully, the Lord opened my eyes and reminded me that He has great plans. Everything has purpose in life. But most importantly, to be anything of value, we need our fertilizer, Jesus. Alone, we are poo. With Jesus as our fertilizer, we can grow into dandelions. We are called to go out and share the love of Christ. We are called to disciple. What better analogy than that of a dandelion. As a dandelion is covered in fertilizer, it grows, and as it grows it spreads it's seeds and plants more dandelions! We should be sprouting seeds and investing in the lost. The Lord has given us a gift that is priceless, the gift of eternal life. How can we sit back and not share with others? 


Thousands of years ago, the Lord blessed a young woman with a child who changed the world. He made the ultimate sacrifice out of love for generations of people. Who is this mother, and who is this child? Her name was Mary and her son, Jesus. It was because of our sin, the Lord sent His one and only son to lead a sinless life that He may die taking our punishment, so that we may be given the chance to live eternally with our heavenly Father. How blessed are we?


There has been so much talk about this world coming to an end. We have a president leading our country who does not claim Jesus as his Lord and Savior. He does not seek the ways of the our heavenly Father; yet Americans have boldly re-elected him. It's hard enough to run a country, but I couldn't imagine doing so without the help of God.


Therefore friends, I share with all of you! I am a follower of Jesus Christ! I stand firm in Him. I pray He uses me, that He fertilizes me and turns me into a dandelion, that I may share His love and plant seeds all over this world. Alone we are nothing; but with God we are everything. Don't lose hope. Continue to pray for our nation and those who have yet to hear the Good News! 


Scripture Reading:

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13

Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.” 
 Isaiah 35:4 

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  
Joshua 1:9

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4



  

Comments

Popular Posts