The Next Chapter....

Once upon a time, a new chapter of my life began. It was a rainy Sunday after church when I found myself opening a door to a place I finally felt at peace since my family had moved. My friend and I had gone out to buy cupcakes to take to his grandparents house. That afternoon, I found myself eating cupcakes with an amazing family the Lord truly blessed me with. This summer was a roller coaster as you probably gathered from past posts. However, the feeling of the Lord's presence in times of chaos is priceless. There is nothing like seeing Him work and watching His plans unfold as He takes your hand and walks you each step of the way. He definitely came through for me and He never ceases to amaze me. It was that afternoon I realized just how promising our heavenly Father is. He comes through for us even when we don't always see it. Arriving to his grandparents house, I finally felt like part of a family and I couldn't have asked for any better answer to prayer.

Ever since I was a little girl, I prayed the Lord would bring my family together. I prayed everyone would be close and get along. There was something about those Thanksgivings when my grandfather was alive. All the grand kids got together and celebrated with food and football. Those were some of the best memories of my childhood. Sadly, when he passed away... my family stopped coming together. No one got along anymore and the "glue" that held us together was no longer present. Holidays were later spent with my parents, and my brother.... no one else. I remember crying myself to sleep so many Christmas Eves telling my mom, "All I want for Christmas is family. No presents. I just want to wake up and have my cousins here." I could never understand why the Lord wouldn't bring my family together.

Ten years or so later, I am now surrounded by the most amazing family I could ever imagine. I have a "gram" and "granddaddy" who truly care. Never having grandparents who truly enjoyed spending time with me makes me value my friends and their family that much more. At the beginning of last summer, the Lord placed someone in my life who I couldn't imagine my life without now. She is the most beautiful person inside and out. She is genuine. She is not only my best friend, but my sister in Christ. Her name is Carlee and I have to say... I can't thank the Lord enough for her. She has the sweetest family who has taken me in as if I were their own. My own family loves them and they hardly know each other. Her younger brother is awesome and her cousin Kane has practically become a brother to me. I can go out and spend time with any of them whenever and they make me feel right at home. It's friendships like these that are to be forever cherished.

As I sat there, on that rainy Sunday afternoon laughing and carrying on eating cupcakes and drinking coffee with the most amazing grandparents in the world, the Lord opened my eyes. He answered my prayers and filled my heart with an overwhelming joy. I would do anything for this family. Friends, I am truly blessed. I pray the Lord blesses you and that you are able to see Him work in His mysterious ways.


Blessings in Scripture:

"Friends can destroy one another, but a loving friend can stick closer than family." Proverbs 18:24



"Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?" Proverbs 20:6


"Two people are better than one because [together] they have a good reward for their hard work.  If one falls, the other can help his friend get up. But how tragic it is for the one who is [all] alone when he falls. There is no one to help him get up."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 

Comments

Popular Posts