Stormy Weather

Once upon a time, the storms rolled in. Friends... you know those times when things aren't going how you want them to? Everyone around you keeps saying, "It'll all be okay. Be optimistic! Look at the bright side! There's always a silver lining!" Yet you are standing there on your tip toes about to blow and all you want to scream is, "Let me sulk and not look at the bright side for just a little while!" If you're anything like me, you are awaiting your venti Starbucks drink because a tall isn't good enough. You have your "I'm depressed" music playing, and all you can think about is wanting to curl up in a cozy blanket on your comfy sofa and ball your eyes out; but you don't even have the energy to shed a single tear. It's not answers you are necessarily looking for and sulking about... it's the lack of control and stability you are feeling.  

Well friends, I have news! You go right ahead and sulk! Sometimes, there's no other way to get rid of the way you feel unless you give in and let it out. Sadly, I've not been giving my frustrations to God and letting go lately. I've held on to them with a tight grip. Friends, I have to say I've  found a solution to letting go without venting! What is the solution you ask! Writing it all out in a letter to God works wonders. I've provided you an example from yours truly!

Dear Lord,
I'm tired of chaos. I want to be in a routine! I am sad because my family is leaving for Ohio and I will be left in the south. Going through my things while helping momma pack has made my heart ache. This new job You have blessed me with is stressful and I'm scared. I'm tired of being thrown into drama, trusting people too quickly, and giving my heart away so easily only for it to be crushed. Though I am so blessed to have the friends and family you have given me, it doesn't change the fact that I am still hurting inside. I want to depend on You solely, but it's scary for me. I like to feel like I am in control, but I know You are the only source of control.

This summer has been full of trials and tribulations and though I am thankful because I have used this time to attempt to grow in our relationship, I am still left uneasy. I've felt months of frustration and sadness and I am ready to let go and give it to You. I continue to ask that Your desires be my desires, that I seek not what I want but what You want, and that the troubles I encounter I give to You and learn from them. Please forgive me for my lack of obedience at times and my impatience. You've shown me what happens when I go my own way and Lord, please pick me up and carry me before I go too far astray.

Love, Your daughter
There are times in life where things don't go our way. There are times when they do. As I have learned, I would much rather things go as God has planned than how I have planned. Don't go bottling up your frustrations. Be sure to let them out. It's okay to be sad. Life will keep going and things will get better. Just keep focused on one day at a time.

Words of Comfort

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 

Comments

Popular Posts