Renewing my Vow

Once upon a time, the phone rang silent. I knew it was ringing.. but no one else could hear it. Hesitantly, I reached for it slowly as if it were a call I dreaded answering. Who's on the other line? If I answered, would I regret it? Looking at the caller id, it read "RESTRICTED." Giving into curiosity, I picked up the phone and said hello. On the other end, my Groom awaited. Butterflies arose in my stomach and I knew it was time.

I made a promise, a vow, 15 years ago. I married the most wonderful man in the world. He chose me as I chose Him. For 15 years, I picked up my cross and followed Him. My senior year of high school, He changed my life by leading me down a path I would never turn back on. He began leading me into the mission field. With a sigh of relief that it was His voice on the phone, I asked Him what He wanted of me. In the most precious awe- consuming voice He replied, renew your vow with Me.

Thinking back to that glorious day I said, "I do," I realized the memory had been erased. I couldn't remember anything about that day besides the story my mom told me of how I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I knew I had to renew my vow with Christ, for it to take full effect in my life. It is true, once you are saved your name cannot be erased out of the book of life. However, it bothered me that I could not remember doing so. I went through the doubting stage in middle school where I'd asked Christ to come into my life every night for almost 3 weeks. However, I still struggled with keeping Him first. When my heavenly Father asked me to renew my vows, I knew I was ready. I needed to let go of some areas in my life I'd struggled with for years. When my pastor preached a sermon on baptism, without giving it a second thought I knew that May 6, 2012 would be the day I made my VOW with my heavenly Father public to family and friends.

Answering that phone call was the best decision of my life. My faithful Lord and Savior reminds me daily of his covenant with me, His promise that He will never leave nor forsake me. As I was called to come forth, my heart fluttered as if it were my wedding day. My associate pastor, Whit Maxey asked me the one question that has forever changed my life, "Do you, Sara Cerny, take Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior?" Without missing a beat, the words flowed from the bottom of my soul, "I do." Forever and always, I will continue to seek God and try my best to keep Him where He belongs, first in my life. Without Him, I am nothing. It is He who is in me that lives. My prayer is to continue following hard after Him. For the past few years, He has made His calling for my life very clear through people He has placed along my path. I ask you to join with me in prayer that His hands remain at work through me. I am being called to Romania in Summer of 2013. The Lord has given me a heart to share the gospel with gypsies and abandoned children. I know He equips those He calls and by His strength we can do all things. My vow with the Lord is a symbol of the promise I have made to Him. Where He leads me, I will follow.

Is your phone ringing? Does the caller-id show RESTRICTED? Do not be afraid. Pick up the phone, and answer. No one can do it for you. Answer, and watch your life be changed in ways you never imagined possible.

God's Promises:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6 

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23

Comments

Popular Posts