Wrapped up in Love

Once upon a time, an overwhelming love filled the air. It was like taking a breath outside after an afternoon rain shower inhaling the sweet smell of flowers. I could feel, smell, and breath it as it ran through my veins. As I laid there wondering why this precious love surrounded me, I thought of my unworthiness. I didn't deserve this love. I don't deserve this love. Yet this love is still given to me. This love, it's unconditional.

Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought, "I'm filthy. I am stuck in this sinful flesh and so incredibly unworthy." I am doing a bible study with a dear friend on grace. What is grace? What does it mean to live up under God's grace? Some think it's their ticket into heaven; sin all you want guilt free because you have the ticket! Others think it works like a brownie point system; I sinned so I must repent and do a good deed for every sin I've committed so that I will be forgiven. Friends, I will tell you now, neither of these ways of thinking are correct. Grace is given by our heavenly Father with unconditional love for His children. As children of God, we are granted His grace and all He asks is for us to come to Him with a broken heart in repentance. Grace is not earned by the amount of good deeds we do here on earth. Grace is forgiveness bought at great price. Through the crucifixion of our Lord and Savior we are able to receive this grace.

Do you keep a tally of your sins? Do you doubt God's grace? Do you feel unworthy? Friends, we are unworthy. We doubt God's grace. If you're like me, you forget God doesn't tally up your sins. In all honesty, this wicked flesh doesn't deserve God. Yet, our heavenly Father loves us. Think about yourself as a parent. Would you stop loving your child if they disobeyed you? No. God's love, grace, and mercy is unconditional and unending. Feeling like a piece of trash? Get on your knees and repent. Crawl up in the arms of our heavenly Father and be at peace. You are forgiven. Your sins have been wiped away. All glory, honor, and praise be to God.

Now breathe. Let go. You are not alone. You are wrapped up in the love of Christ.

Scripture says

Their hearts were not really loyal to God; they did not keep His agreement. Still God was merciful. He forgave their sins and did not destroy them. Many times He held back His anger and did not stir up all His anger. He remembered that they were only human, like a wind that blows and does not come back.
Psalm 78:37-39

The Lord is a sun and shield; the Lord gives grace and glory; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Psalm 84:11

As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Psalm 103:12

Comments

Popular Posts