Hold on....

Once upon a time, all went quiet. The sound of the dryer muffled in the background. Outside, the storm calmed and the thunder silenced. Slowly, the rain hushed its pitter-patter against the fogged window panes of my apartment. An inner peace enveloped my body as I no longer thought of the noise that had increased in volume over the past several weeks. One by one, my troubles seemed to fade. The burdens, anger, hurt, fear, sadness, and disappointment I carried lost meaning. Physically and emotionally drained, there was no where else to turn.

I've listened for so long to others' problems I cannot fix, I've barely made any time for myself. More than anything or anyone, I need my heavenly Father right now. My family has made some drastic changes these past few months that are affecting me in more ways than one. As I lay here in the quietness of my home, I am reminded that Jesus calms the storm. Realizing that my life is not in my hands by any means has a tendency to make a control freak like myself become easily overwhelmed. However, our heavenly Father is not a God of chaos and confusion. Why we get so caught up in questioning our Lord is not because He purposefully confuses us or brings chaos into our life, but because we are so impatient. When we get impatient with God, we find ourselves trying to seek answers from others. I have struggled with keeping my questions and thoughts between myself and God. I seek answers but have a difficult time waiting for them. What will I be doing this summer? How will I cope without my parents living an hour down the road? Who will I marry? Where might I attend graduate school? All these questions plague my mind when God says not to worry about tomorrow! I'm not suppose to worry about tomorrow and yet I find myself worried about the next several years! Wow, does God ever have patience!

I'm finally done with these questions. The answers don't matter. In trusting God, I am taking the passenger's seat and letting Him do the driving. I'm living for Him; therefore, He is my guide. Though my body is worn from the emotions I've held in, I feel at peace. It is my time to rest and refocus strengthening my relationship with my heavenly Father. I don't want those around me to think I stopped caring. I just need time to myself, time to let go, and time to be alone with my heavenly Father. The world on my shoulders is beginning to crush me and I'm ready to be renewed.

As I snuggle in under my fuzzy blanket with soft melodies filling the room, I'm free. I can sleep and know that God is looking after me. Through the noise, I find my peace in Him. I'm holding on to Him, clinging to Him. I pray you don't have to hit rock bottom to see the Lord as your way out. His love will always find you. He knows our every thought, feeling, and desire. Follow Him, and everything will fall into place. He will guide you on the path He has chosen for you. When there's no one to turn to and you find nothing of this world can mend your broken heart, call on Him and break free.

Scripture Reading:

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet." Proverbs 3:24

Comments

Popular Posts