My Heart Sings!

Once upon a time, the scent of autumn lingered in the air. It was that time again, the time of year when leaves cover the ground in an array of colors. Taking in deep breaths of calm, crisp air, my heart felt at peace. Friends, let me just remind y'all, when Jesus said to follow Him, He never said it would be easy! Yet, now I've finally reached a point where my mind is at ease. I am perfectly content and overjoyed with where God has me right now.

This past weekend I celebrated my 20th birthday. The Lord has truly blessed me and continues to do so. I was overwhelmed with some of those blessings last weekend. We took a drive to a pumpkin patch and in the car I was surrounded by gifts. When I speak of gifts, I don't mean the kind that comes wrapped and tied with ribbon. The gifts I refer to are my parents... my brother...and a dear friend whose practically another brother. I can't begin to describe the feelings I have for those God has placed in my life. Give me family and friends any day over birthday presents! It is time and memories with them that mean more to me than anything in this world.

As the weekend came to an end, I spent my last day back home at my old high school with the special needs students I had interned with my senior year. Oh how I've missed them! As I walked the long hallway leading down to their classroom, I felt like running! There is nothing like being surrounded by a group of these kids! They love unconditionally. They are like milk to my cookies. I don't know where I'd be today if God hadn't placed that passion in my life... to work with special needs. They bring me back into reality. I get so focused on "me, me, me," and forget about others. I am happy and free around them. Seeing them made my birthday weekend that much more special.

Friends, I'm just so happy! I pray you are just as happy! I understand that life isn't always that delicious pumpkin spice latte that warms your heart on a blustery autumn day. However, I do hope that if your life is not very happy, you find that latte soon! I know it's a typical Sunday school solution, but God makes for the PERFECT latte! He warms my heart like no other! I am satisfied with who I am because of Him and I am fine with it being just the two of us. God has placed me in a loving church body and group of friends. I need not worry with what the future holds because the present is all that matters, and that amazes me. I am in love with my heavenly Father as He has consumed my soul.

My prayer is for you to feel your heart sing! I pray that you allow God to consume you in His love. I pray you relieve yourself of worry and place all mind, soul, and body into the hands of our Father.

Contentment in the Word:

"Let us give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! For in our union with Christ he has blessed us by giving us every spiritual blessing in the heavenly world." Ephesians 1:3

"Fill us each morning with your constant love, so that we may sing and be glad all our life." Psalm 90:14

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts