Somewhere Out There....

Once upon a time, I wanted someone to talk to so badly. Wow, sounds like I'm friendless! Whoops! I have friends; I have wonderful friends who have blessed my life in countless ways. However, the stuff going on in my life, I can't just blurt out. Of course, I can always talk to my family; and my heavenly Father is always listening. However, every time I look up at the moon, I know who I want to talk to. I know who I want to share what's going on in my life with. I know who I want to spend forever on earth with. Only, I haven't met him yet. I'm not just looking for anybody. I want my husband God has promised me. I imagine every girl secretly does. In fact, I'm sure guys do as well.
I know that every time I look up into the beautiful night time sky, he's somewhere out there. The same moon that shines through my window shines on him. Although I don't know him, I pray for him. I pray for whatever is going on in his life at this very moment is in God's hands. Have you ever thought to pray for your future husband/wife? My momma told me when I was little that she always prayed I'd marry the right guy someday. I decided I needed to get praying on that as well; so surely with both of us praying, I'll find him. Some people may think I sound desperate; but I know that once you find that right person, you want your life to start with them as soon as possible. I want Mr. Right. I want to matter to someone besides my family and my heavenly Father. I want someone who will talk with me into all hours of the night just because he loves me and cares about what I have to say. I want to hear his thoughts, opinions, and life stories. When he's sad or sick, I want to take care of him just as he'd care for me.
So, this has mostly been about what I want. I... I... I.... But you must know that what I want above all is what God wants for me. I have faith that He will bring me Mr. Right at the RIGHT time. Man, it's so difficult to be patient though. Yet, God continuously reminds me how much better my life is when I rely on Him and take my focus off myself. So for now, I'll keep praying for my SOMEWHERE OUT THERE.

BIBLE TALK:

Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

This is the boldness we have in God's presence: that if we ask God for anything that agrees with what He wants, He hears us.
1 John 5:14

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

Comments

  1. So funny...this has definitely been on my heart a lot lately! Patience is so hard sometimes but the promise God has made us is worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts