Someone Special

Once upon a time, a young girl was blessed with the most amazing baby brother. She would carry him around the house, show him off to friends and family, and chase him and his friends around in circles. As time passed, the two became inseparable. When she was friendless, he was there along with his friends to keep her from feeling lonely. When he was friendless, she invited him along with her friends. They would go bowling together, out to lunch, and she'd sneak him Starbucks and Chickfila during school. All their friends said they might have well been twins; wherever one went, so did the other.

The young girl was me of course. I just wanted to share a little bit about how much my brother means to me! He's the one person I can talk to about most everything (besides my heavenly Father and my Momma). It's fun to talk about our faith, the future, what type of person we see each other marrying, where we'd live, traveling, etc... We've both gone through periods of anxiety making it easier to help each other and grow in our faith. God has blessed me with my brother in more ways than I can put into words. We fight in the spiritual battle side by side. He backs me up, and cheers me on. God has blessed us with a strong family unit. Our parents have raised us to be close, love no matter what, and never go to bed angry at one another. We have our tiffs, but that's life. My brother is very special to me; he holds that place in my heart no one else can ever fill.

I pray you hold your family and siblings close to your heart. I pray you have a relationship full of blessings, love, and contentment. As brothers and sisters in Christ we are to love one another. There may be periods of dislike, but strength comes through love. My love for Christ has not only strengthened my relationship with Him, but with others. There may be times of frustration with my heavenly Father, but He always shines through and loves me regardless. I may be irritated now and then with family and my brother, but my love for them is more powerful than my flesh.

I ask you to pray for broken families; that the mighty Healer heals their hearts. A family without Christ as the center of their lives is like the sea animals without water; they die away. Families all around the world are splitting up. I pray as time goes on, that families come together in Christ. May Christ be the super glue in your family, the one who strengthens and holds you together in love.

Love in the Word:

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

This is how we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 1 John 3:16

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
1 John 4:8

Comments

Popular Posts