Tormented

Once upon a time, a young girl was called out of class by one of her teachers. Cornering her, he asked, "Why did you get out of my class?" Shaking, the young girl tried to answer. Her teacher's eyes burned with fire as he stared at her ready to pounce. The young girl still could not answer. Within seconds an administrator came walking down the hall causing the girl's teacher to run away before getting caught. The girl ran back into class as the administrator ran to get the principal.
Moments later, the young girl was pulled out of class again, this time, by the administrator. She hurried her along to the principal's office to tell him everything that had just happened. The young girl told him how she was cornered by her teacher and asked why she'd requested a class change. The principal called her mother and had the young girl file a report on the teacher. While filing the report, the teacher who had cornered her burst into the office and dug his fingers into her shoulder asking her if everything was okay. She froze, and he ran out. The principal stood astonished and promised to keep the young girl locked in his office until the end of school for her safety. She refused and went around the school with him instead.

The cause of this incident: the young girl had turned her teacher in for his lack of teaching, vulgar language, and request to be "marched around hanging from a cross..." etc.

Within days, the teacher told the students who'd turned him in. Instead of supporting the young girl, they all turned against her. The teacher had them jumping and tormenting her. Friends she'd had since Kindergarten formed a hatred against her. Her parents fought and fought to have the teacher fired, but did not know how to help their daughter get out of the situation with only a month left of school.

The young girl spent so many nights fearing the many nightmares that played over and over again in her sleep. So many nights were spent in her parents' bed. Her mother would hold her and they'd pray until she fell asleep.

For those of you who didn't know, this is my story; the young girl was me. In middle school, I went from having friends to friendless within a matter of weeks. I was bullied and thrown away as if I were nothing but a piece of garbage. Looking back on this, it made me think of Christ. On earth, He was tormented, beaten, and hated by many. He suffered the ultimate sacrifice. Our sin nailed Him to the cross. He paid the price. As a child of God, we are to expect persecution and hatred for loving and believing in our heavenly Father. I pray nothing like this ever happens to you, but it made me realize just how selfless God is, that He would send His only begotten son to give us the opportunity to spend eternity with Him in heaven.

My momma would lay with me at night and remind me, "Just think of what Jesus went through." Standing up for my Heavenly Father is more important to me than anything on this earth. He created me for His purpose and His purpose only. As for the teacher that brought on my living nightmare, my prayers go out to him. Anyone that can boldly ask to be nailed to a cross, marched around the school, etc.... needs prayer. No one takes the place of Jesus.

My life has not been easy; Christ never said following Him would be easy. Being saved by the blood of Christ does not mean your life will be smooth sailing. However, to imagine life without Him seems impossible. I could not imagine having gone through middle school without my Heavenly Father protecting me and carrying me when I was too weak to walk. I will never have to worry about Him leaving, hating, or rejecting me. Once you accept Christ into your life, He is with you for eternity.

How does it feel to be rejected? Has someone ever mistreated you? Think about how many people reject our Heavenly Father. Now, how does it feel to know that God loves you and cares about you and will never reject you?

His Word:

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."
-John 15:18-20

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
-1 John 4:4

Comments

  1. Sara, I remember you telling me this story Freshman year. I liked this post, and I love how you related it to the story of Jesus on earth. We are so blessed to have a God as gracious as He is. I hope you're doing well and enjoy West Georgia next year (I slightly creep via my news feed on facebook)! :)
    Halley White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Halley!! Hope your Freshman year was amazing! I am definitely looking forward to UWG in the Fall :) Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts