At the Crossroads

Once upon a time, I moved to the big city! Those of you who have kept up with my blog... yes, I am referring to the wonderful college I attend in the heart of Atlanta. I had no idea what I was getting myself into; all I knew was that God wanted me here.

Have you ever been placed in a situation that you wouldn't have chosen for yourself, and had no clue as to why you were there?

Welcome to my life! In high school, God revealed my passion. Around the time of my sophomore year, I felt sure that my career would be in physical and occupational therapy. When thinking of schools to apply to, I had no doubt where I was suppose to attend. I chose the school I am attending for a major in physical therapy, and because I knew in my heart that God wanted me here. Well, after a semester... I hated it. I entered a spiritual war zone! Some nights, I'd cry myself to sleep thinking, "Come on now God, why do you want me here? I want to leave this hell hole!" It bothered me that God wouldn't just tell me His plans. Fear, anxiety, and stress kept building up...

Christmas Break came just in time! I felt God was telling me to just hang in there a little bit longer! So after a lovely Christmas with the family, I headed back to school. On the drive back as I got closer to school, I felt this heavy weight on my shoulders. Yet, God didn't leave me... No, my heavenly Father has been closer than ever! There have been instances where I've felt something bad could have happened to me, whether it be my bag stolen, a homeless man trying to get money from me, or just walking past a creepy person... but every time I've felt uneasy, it's as if I stepped into a bubble. I've started to believe that I have a guardian angel walking with me. Although I can't see my angel, I almost sense he is there, and that maybe... those people who could have brought me harm... saw my angel!

I've learned to trust God to take care of me! I felt that He was calling me to spend time in His word, so I've started Genesis and am almost finished! Most importantly, I've made my prayer time much longer. The more people I meet, the more people I pray for. I love the new friends I have in my life! I know my heavenly Father loves them just as much! So I am praying that these sweet people come to know my Daddy in Heaven! After wondering and pleading God to give me answers as to why He's sent me here... I feel in my heart... I needed to learn to be a soldier, a better witness, and how to give my Daddy my undivided attention! My focus is on Him... and where He takes me next, I know He'll show me the way!


Where is your focus? Are you standing at the crossroads wondering where or what God wants for your life? Do you feel alone? Pray. Pray for wisdom and knowledge.

Visit these websites:

http://apostles.org/live/

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/leading-the-way/player/biblical-cure-for-depression-part-1-153187.html


Scripture Says:

"Protect those who love you and who are happy because of you. Lord, you bless those who do what is right; you protect them like a soldier's shield." Psalm 5:11-12

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Comments

Popular Posts