Remembering Memories....

Once upon a time, a young girl named Sara grew up in a cozy little home with her mom, dad, and younger brother. Over the course of 18 years, they owned 5 dogs, 1 cat, 2 tree frogs (until her dad got sick of their late night mating calls), 2 goldfish, 1 aquatic frog, and 2 hamsters. Sara would go home after school, do her homework, and then run out the back door to play make believe games with her younger brother. Then they would come in for a snack... watch T.V and wait for their daddy to come home. Sara's family would all sit down at the table for dinner, and then finish out the night winding down spending time with each other. Most week nights were spent this way. You know that phrase, "Family Time?" And yet as children get older... those times become shortened... maybe not purposefully, but by the time your kids are teenagers, homework time is lengthened, friends are over more, plans are made, and yet it's expected. It's called growing up.

Now, this young girl, Sara... well she's in college now. No more make believe games, snack times, or waiting for daddy to get home. Now her daddy gets to wait for her to come home! Hard to believe... huh? I mean... time... how it passes so quickly.

*If you are lost for some reason and do not realize who this "Sara" person is I am blogging about... well, it is me... Sara... the author of these posts you've been reading :)

Now... MY POINT for this story... LOL

I'd like to use this to recall memories... I love to think back and see what all my brain has stored over the years... don't you? Maybe some of these will trigger some past times you've forgotten about, some memories... some happy thoughts that'll make you smile.

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES:

1) When I was a little girl... living in Texas... I use to love spending time with my Mama Carol and Papa Woody! One day my daddy had to go over and fix something in their bathroom, and he took me along. Mama Carol made me some of the best Vegetable Soup in the whole world!

2) When we lived in Massachusetts, I remember many play dates with my best friend at the time, Zack. We usually played House where I was the mom, he was the dad, and Will was our baby lol.

3) When we moved to Georgia... My family and I would go to the retirement home and my dad would play the piano. I would pretend I was a ballerina while my brother would throw parachute guys off the second floor balcony. (Btw... that's also where we met my beloved godparents... who worked there, not lived there lol).

4) And lastly... spending time watching Little Bear, Blues Clues, Puzzle Place, and The Big Comfy Couch while eating Chicken and Stars soup! (Which I still love to do)!

So yay for the memories and the many more to come!

Now where's the Scripture??

"The Lord is good to all, and His mercy is over all that He has made."
-Psalm 145:9

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
-Isaiah 55:12

Comments

  1. What sweet memories!! Even in bad times growing up, one can still find happy memories or a happy moment.....and what more awaits us when we are with Him forever in His home, with All our Family!!!! I want Papa Woody to sing for me......my Mom hold me, PaPa give me one of his PopPop kisses.....play checkers with PopPop......and to hold my dear little Annie in my arms(23rd will be 15 yrs)......these are sweet things to look forward to....and the most is to see Him face to face running to Him!!!! Awe.....He is soooooo good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post was from me....Mom!!! above:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts