Reaching Out To The Lost

Once upon a time, I sat in my room wondering, "Why on earth do people have to be so mean?" It's ridiculous... people living where I am seem to have so much hate in their heart. I don't understand why. And then they take it out on others. But then, it makes sense.... these people don't have Jesus. (Not saying all non believers are haters lol) But as I've found living in the city... there's a lot more people walking around with fear, anger, sadness, guilt, and hate. So much so, that all I have to do is sit here alone, and wait for my door to open. I can almost guarantee that the person who walks in will do one of the following:

A) Begin cussing... (cussing me out... or just to themselves)
B) Start talking with a friend about having a "wonderful" time with the boy/girl friend
C) Taking out all their crap on me or whoever happens to be in this confined space.
D) Flaring his/her attitude

You know... it get's really old. But the thing I find amazing is, God deals with these people everyday. And while I'm sitting here upset and hurt... having trouble loving them, God reminds me that not only does He love each and every one of them, he hurts for them too. God has emotions, He's not some statue in the sky. When His children are hurting, sad, lost, angry, or upset... He cares. So while I sit here holding my blanket (yes I have a blanky... so what lol) wishing I was anywhere but here, God is listening. Not only is He caring for me, but also caring for the people who have hurt me. Whether I want to accept it or not, those who hurt me or my friends are hurting as well. And God is loving them... which seems so hard for us to do sometimes; love those who don't seem to love us back. You know that song Louis Armstrong sings, "What A Wonderful World?" Well, I love that song... only I think Heaven is more fitting to the world he refers too. Because this world surely isn't anything compared to the one he describes it as. Remember when I asked you to join me in praying for the lost? Well readers, this "Wonderful World" is only going to get worse until our Savior returns. And I certainly don't want Jesus to come back tomorrow if I haven't been a light for him today. I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to keep my faith to myself while others are in such need of our Savior. So no matter what these people say or do when they walk in my room, they will feel the presence of God, whether they realize it or not. And although I may feel weak and exhausted from this city mission... I am here with God as my strength, awaiting that "Wonderful World" Louis Armstrong sings about... no Heaven on Earth is not possible. But Heaven is... and with that... whenever you hear that song... think of Heaven... Not this world we're leaving behind.

And the Bible says......

"Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart." -Jeremiah 24:7

"Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there." -Matthew 19:14-15

Comments

  1. You are so right. Was just praying this morning.....Lord I know we are to Love the sinner and Hate the sin.....please help us to separate the two....we hate because of their sin......and that is not of You. Though we struggle....we take a look at hell and think what it must be like and we don't want anyone to go there. It's not a bar where all the sinners go and hang out, play games....it is a Very Alone Place...and most people can't stand to even be alone with themselves for toooo long. Keep reaching out to them Sara......God will continue to give you His Strength. It's all His anyway!!
    Love you so very much and praying.........
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts