Fall Into Autumn

Once upon a time, the leaves began to change. The old wind started to whistle again. Smells of burning wood and marshmallows filled the air. The sound of kids jumping in leaves and parents yelling, "Time to come in," rang throughout the surrounding neighborhoods. Everyone would sit down to dinner... hoping to save room for dessert. Desserts were usually pies, cobblers, or cookies (directly out of the oven). After desert, it was time to put on pajamas, wrap up in a blanket, listen to the fire crackle, and watch the seasonal Charlie Brown.

*If you've read my info, I am a CRAZED Charlie Brown fan! God bless Charles Schulz! If you do not know he is, do not fret! It's not to late! He is the author of Charlie Brown. And if you have never watched Charlie Brown, you should!

After Charlie Brown, it was time for bed... And the next morning, more leaves would cover the ground. Kids would go to school and await the final bell at the end of the day; that special "ding" that meant, school is over, time to play. From carving pumpkins, to carving the turkey at Thanksgiving, the trees grew bare. Coats, scarves, hats, and mittens were brought down out of the attic and placed in the closet, ready to be worn. More time was spent sitting in by a roaring fire than outside in the cool, crisp night air.

Have you ever thought about God as a season? Seasons change, but there is always Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring. God is God no matter how we see Him. He never changes. But how we depend on Him can change like Summer turns to Fall, and Winter turns to Spring.

When I was 5, I accepted Christ into my heart. That was the first year of my life I really understood how important it was to have God. I saw God as my protector. He was there to scare away the "monsters" and help me to sleep good at night.
When I entered middle school, I saw God as my daddy. He was there to hold me and comfort me. I felt as though He had pulled me up in His lap and reminded me that no matter what I went through those years, He was there... holding my hand... and even carrying me through at times.
When I entered high school, I saw God as more of an authority figure. I felt as though He was teaching me, and I had better obey in order to receive all the blessings He had coming my way.
Now, I am in college. I see God as my daddy again. I see Him as my protector. And I continue to see Him as my authority. But I will always find myself depending on Him to play one role more so than the other.
I think that these past few weeks, I've sought Him out more as my daddy. He's always there for me... and He's always listening. When I'm upset, He dries my tears. When I'm happy He rejoices with me. He was God, He is God, and He will always be God... but our relationship changes and grows with the passing of years.

With the coming of every season, my faith is made stronger than before. God is my EVERYTHING and MORE. How much does He mean to you? Where are you in your faith? Can you identify your relationship with God? What role is He playing in your life at this very moment (Protector, Authority Figure, Daddy, etc...)? Now then, after you've thought about these questions, give thanks to God. Praise Him for who He is. Thank Him for the precious life He has given you. And as you sit next to that cozy fire, all wrapped up in a blanket, watching Charlie Brown, remember to count your blessings. Remember who loves you... more than you can fathom.

The Bible says:

"We know there is only one God, the Father, who created everything, and we live for Him. And there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life." -1 Corinthians 8:6


"Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you."
-2 Corinthians 13:11

Comments

Popular Posts