Starting A New Chapter

Once upon a time, I was a small city girl. I could run to the grocery store and see people I know. I could go out to lunch with my mom whenever I wanted. I could turn the TV to Little Bear, Little Bill, or Berenstain Bears.... and no one would care. It was my happy world... it is my happy world. And now... I am in college... now it's different. It's the BIG CITY life for me!!! It's different... and free. HOWEVER.... FREE has its stipulations. I'm free from parents... (to an extent)... I'm free from High School.... and people in my past.... I'm on my own... I'm spreading my wings... and now it's time to FLY.

But with this freedom comes its cons... it's challenges to overcome.

Let me start by saying, Praise the Lord for my parents! I love them so very much! Praise the Lord for my brother, he's my very best friend! Praise the Lord for my godparents! They are such a blessing to my family!
Now then, with that said: With college... comes temptation. Don't go telling yourself you won't experience it. You will. Don't think you are able to turn away until you have been put in the situation where your perseverance is tested. If it weren't for my parents, brother, and godparents... I don't know where I'd be. They've been such a good influence in my life! And in these first 48 hours of college... I can see God working more and more in my life with every minute. I've been in many different situations where I've already had to say no... but thankfully these people seem to respect my decisions so far... (of course there's been times where they seem so persistent in wanting me to do something or try something...) but with Christ in the center of my life, he gives me the strength to overcome and stick to my beliefs. I love my life... good times, challenging times, sad times, and wonderful in every way times. I'm a family girl... so I do miss the 6 people I hold dear to my heart... and I know these people know who they are... they're have already been mentioned lol.

But this year is another new chapter in my book with no end. I want to be the light God has called me to be. I want to be God's hands and feet. A legacy... is what I want to leave.

Remember:

"Make me to know your ways, oh Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth, and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all day long." -Psalm 25:4-5

Comments

  1. Oh Sara, I am sure that you are doing great!!! I am here anytime you need me. You have a great support system and I am so glad for that!! You are being covered in prayer. Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kara!! I love you!! and miss you so much!! I hope baby chick is doing well!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you! And thankful that you're such a shining example for our daughter. We LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts