Trip To The Past

Once upon a time, I was around 12 years old. My dad had a lot of business trips, and I didn't necessarily feel as safe being in a house without him. So I started praying for God to protect our house, and everyone in it. Sounds like any normal kid right?

The amazing thing about this prayer though, is that God gave me a lovely picture in my head. I saw an army of angels, facing outward, guarding the perimeter of our house. With that beautiful picture that God painted in my head, I had no trouble falling asleep all those other times my dad left. I had my own army, God's army, protecting each of my family members.

But the story has MORE! See a few years later, my mom and I brought up the topic: angels. I told her my friends and I loved to talk about angels. Then I told her the story of the first night God painted that picture of angels surrounding our house. Her mouth dropped. She asked me how many angels I saw in that "picture". I told her there were enough to completely surround our house. She asked me which way they were facing. I told her they were facing outward. And lastly she asked, "How tall are they?" I said, "As tall as the house." Her mouth formed a big smile! Her eyes became glossy, like those of porcelain dolls.

With much excitement, she looked me in the eyes and said, "I use to pray for God to protect us while your dad went out of town. One night, He gave me a vision. The vision was of angels, guarding, facing outward, as tall as our house."

God protects His children. Do you believe in angels? Do you believe your heavenly Father cares enough about you, that He would have His mighty angels watch over you?

"For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalms 91:11-12

Comments

  1. Praise the Lord for Angels!! -Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful story, Sara! -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was Sooooo True!! God is Amazing!!! And I'm so glad that He shared with us the same Vision!!! Visions are Real.......
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts