A Day In The Park

Once upon a time, my friend (M) and I went to babysit. We sat for a 6 month old little girl. Her mother said we could take her on a stroll. So I scooped her up, put her in the stroller, and M and I went to the park. There we met a couple watching their great niece. She was 9 months and the cutest little thing you've ever seen. Both babies hit it off well while we discussed kids and school. Then, out of the blue, a young man appeared. He commented on the weather and how he loved that particular park while saying, "God is good". As we agreed with him, he began to turn and leave. However, instead of leaving he turned right back around and said, "I'm sorry, but I felt God was telling me to come over here and talk to you all." He began quoting scripture and as he did so, he realized he was talking to believers. You could see his face start to form a big question mark. Why had God called him over?
Without hesitation, the couple began repeating, "God is good". The husband even said he was so thankful for this moment for he believed God was showing us just how great He is by bringing us all together, not knowing anything about one another. No details were given; there was no personal relationships. We found ourselves ONLY talking about God. Then the husband said, "If Jesus came back right now to take us home, He'd see we were not discussing drugs, alcohol, etc... NO. We are discussing Him." After this amazing few minutes, the young man walked away smiling.
But this conversation wasn't over. Standing there in awe of God on this bright sunny afternoon, the husband turned to me and M and gave us his testimony!!
He was the son of a muslim priest in Africa. One night he had a dream where God was calling him to go to church. Being the son of a muslim priest, he told God he could not. Within a year his father died. So he had the dream again where God was calling him to church. He told God he could not because his brothers would leave him without his father's inheritance and there would be no way for him to survive. He told God that he would have to bring a source of income to him where anything he touched he would be able to sell. After telling God this, a few days later he found an old car battery sitting in a trash can. He decided to see if it worked. To his amazement, it did!!! So he sold it. After that, money was almost being handed to him. So he told God that seeing how He was providing for him, he would go to church. Through this, his brothers developed a fear of him. How could he leave the muslim faith and become so blessed?
Then he said to me and M, "I wondered how if I was not Christian, how my daughter could be. Then God taught me, He seeks those He calls, whether or not your family is SAVED. For God could use you to witness to your family."
It was an amazing moment, memory, story, and YES it is TRUE!! He said that converting to Christianity was a test, a test of faith. And he has found happiness and eternal joy with our Heavenly Father.

Are YOU saved? Could YOU say you are picking up your cross to follow JESUS? There is only one way to the Kingdom of God.

Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:5-7

Comments

  1. God is surely blessing you with these wonderful events, Sara. -- Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally.....I can leave my comment!!!
    Love this!! You're a Blessing and I'm so Glad shows Himself to you through others!!! I'm also glad you have the gift of discernment...for protection!!
    Love you!!!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts